Books play an important role in our life because they are our teachers and advisers. They teach us how to take the next step when we are in a difficult situation. They help to shape our life.
Take a look at what famous people have said about books and reading, try to use them in your speech. Reading makes a full man. (Francis Bakon)History books which contain no lies are extremely dull. (Anatole France)All books are divisible into two classes: the book of hour, and the book of all time. (John Ruskin)Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. (Richard Steele)Today we will speak about your favourite books. But before that make me wise about the following: explain in English:
What is a historical novel?
What is a horror story?
What is a romance?
What is a thriller?
What is science fiction?
What is an adventure story?
What is a fairy-tale?
What is a biography?
What is a western (объясняют на английском
На доске написаны опорные фразы:
– to make good reading/bad reading;
– make me think;
– events happen in real life;
– face difficult situation/crises;
– to take the next step;
– help to shape our life;
– develops my imagination;
– holds my interest right to the end of the book;
– rich imagination;
– create believable characters.
Ученики: Отвечают на вопросы.
Financier, villager, manager, governess, to suspect, motive, alibi, estate, villain, revolver bullet, innocent, attractive, a man of violent temper, to treat cruelly.
1. Someone whose job is to manage. 2. To think that someone is probably guilty. 3. Good looking. 4. A bad person or criminal. 5. Not guilty of a crime.
6. A woman that lives with the rich family and teaches their children. 7. To behave towards someone violently. 8. Someone who controls or lends large sum of money. 9. An excuse for something
10. A small piece of metal that you fire from a gun. 11. A large area of land in the country with one large house.
12. Someone who lives in a village. 13. A cruel person of a bad temper.
14. The reason that makes a person do something.
History books which contain no lies are extremely dull. (Anatole France) All books are divisible into two classes: the book of hour, and the book of all time. (John Ruskin) Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. (Richard Steele) A man ought to read just as inclination leads him; for what he reads as a task will do him little good. (Samuel Johnson) A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read. (Mark Twain) Reading is a vital form of communication with all of mankind, and wisdom of many ages. (Olzhas Suleymenov) Books and friends should be few but good. (a proverb) There;s an old saying that all the world loves a lover. It doesn;t. What all the world loves is a scrap. It wants to see two lovers struggling for one woman. (Annymous)